Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. TAS
  5. New to Devonport area

New to Devonport area Lock Rss

Hi, I'm Tash, 29yrs old, single mum to a beautiful nearly 10 month old daughter. I'm new to Tassie (been here almost 8 months) and even newer to Devonport (about 2 months). Would like to get to know more mums around this area (i have no car, so have to walk/public transport it everywhere), or if anyone can give me any ideas of mothers groups/baby groups (ive heard of the baby music at the library, but thats about it), i would appreciate it. I love my daughter more than life itself, but would sometimes like a bit of adult conversation!

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Hey there,
My name is Alana and i am 20 years old. My daughter is 5 weeks old grin
I too have only just moved to Devonport. My partner works away 5 days at a time, and i don't have anyone else to really talk too..
If you would like to chat some more,i look forward to hearing from you.

Hey there,
My name is Alana and i am 20 years old. My daughter is 5 weeks old grin
I too have only just moved to Devonport. My partner works away 5 days at a time, and i don't have anyone else to really talk too..
If you would like to chat some more,i look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Alana! Nice to hear from you! I haven't checked this post in AGES because no one ever replied. I've now been in the devonport area 8mths and you are the first reply I've received, nice to meet you!

I'm a single mum, so am free to do as I please (as long as my daughter agrees, hehe). I have a almost 17mth old daughter, so quite a lot older than yours, but that just means if you need any advice, I might be able to help smile

I will keep an eye on this post for your reply, it's great to actually have someone in the same boat as me, new in town. smile Looking forward to hearing from you!

Tash

Hi Ladies,
I live in Devonport have done for the last 10 years I have 2 daughters 5 and 2 and number 3 on the way.

Hi Ladies,
I live in Devonport have done for the last 10 years I have 2 daughters 5 and 2 and number 3 on the way.

Hello!

Nice to meet you! Wow, 2 posts in my thread, before I know it i will know a bunch of people in Dport smile Congrats on #3, how far along are you?

Hello!

Nice to meet you! Wow, 2 posts in my thread, before I know it i will know a bunch of people in Dport smile Congrats on #3, how far along are you?

I will be 10weeks on thursday, its a huge surprise didnt find out till I was 8weeks 5days.

I will be 10weeks on thursday, its a huge surprise didnt find out till I was 8weeks 5days.

well congratulations! I honestly don't know how people can cope with more than one child, how do you find the time!

I just knew I was pregnant pretty much straight away,did a home test at around 6weeks, officially pregnant (ultrasound) at 8wks 2 days, hehe. Was telling her father I was pregnant but he just told me not to get my hopes up (we arent together anymore, haven't been since bub was 9.5wks old). But I knew!

Do you take your kids to play group? I have just started taking my girl to a playgroup run by the church I go to (when I can). It was quite good and my girl enjoyed herself immensley!

Alana, how are you going? Haven't seen a post from you in a little bit smile

im here for a chat girls ok.

im here for a chat girls ok.

Hi ladies, Im also new to the devonport area, Have been living here for 12 mths. WE moved from vic to tas for my my partners work, he wanted to change jobs. I didnt want to move away from my family/friends. In the end i decided to try it for a yr and my partner and i agreed that if kids and i werent happy after a yr then we would move back. But he is going back on our agreement and he says now that he is not moving back, I think he is being selfish. I have joined a music group and a playgroup at the nixon st primary school. I have found it difficult making new friends. I have 3 kids at school and an 18 mth old son. If you are able to give me some more info on other playgroups or mothers groups that would be great and any other advice. thanks guys.
Hi guys, i live in devonport and would love to meet some mums to be able to talk to! it would be great. thanks guys!
Hi I'm Shakira, I have just moved to Devonport have been here a week now and would love to meet some new people as I know no one here. Would love to meet you girls and get to know people. I have a 22 month old little boy.
Sign in to follow this topic