Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Hobart mums Lock Rss

Hi

Any other mums in the Hobart to Blackmans Bay area? I've been here in Tas a couple of years but only really know people from work, and none live anywhere near me. With bub #3 due in a couple of months I'd really like to get to know other mums in the area.

I'm also trying to find out what things a Tassie stay-at-home mum can do down here so she doesn't go stir crazy at home! Any ideas?
Hi
I'm a stay at home mum in the Chigwell area it may not be in the area you were looking for but i moved here from Adelaide two and half yrs ago and i've found it hard to meet new people everyone here is friendly but when your not from here its hard to fit in so if you want someone to chat with thats understands how you feel drop by and say hi look forward to hearing from u soon take care smile

Hi

Any other mums in the Hobart to Blackmans Bay area? I've been here in Tas a couple of years but only really know people from work, and none live anywhere near me. With bub #3 due in a couple of months I'd really like to get to know other mums in the area.

I'm also trying to find out what things a Tassie stay-at-home mum can do down here so she doesn't go stir crazy at home! Any ideas?
Hi! Thanks for your replies - it's nice to know there are other mums out there in southern Tas.

I am expecting DD on 17 June so not that much before you by the sounds of it, Ange. There really seems to be a baby boom going on down here this year! I have a DS1 turning 6 on 29 April and DS2 turning 3 on 1st June. Things definately get harder once kids start at school and sports etc, doesn't it? Some days I don't know whether I'm coming or going and half expect to leave one of the kids behind one day!

Mum2ash&jaz, I also moved here from Adelaide 2.5 years ago so I know what you're saying about feeling like its hard to fit in with the locals. I miss Adelaide coz everyone treated us almost like part of the extended family when we first moved there. We were sad to leave SA when hubby got posted here. But at least I got great job down here straight away, which is pretty rare for Tas I believe!

It would be great to keep in touch with both of you. I will check out the playgroups in the area to keep me sane as well once I start maternity leave soon. Thanks for the idea.
Lauren.
Sign in to follow this topic