Huggies Forum

Tassie Mums Lock Rss

I'm going to try once more, and then give up! Thanks to the 2 or 3 lovely ladies that responded to my last thread, sorry I haven't heard from you again!

I am really sick of having no friends in Tassie! Im almost 30, single mummy with an 18mth old DD. Been in the Devonport area for close to 10mths now, and even though I have been to playgroup once at my church, it's only on once a fortnight, and I haven't been able to go because it's always raining!

I really would like to make some friends, and would like for my little girl to have some other little people to play with.

I'm gonna cross my fingers that someone will reply to this post, and if not, i'm going to give up!

Thanks ladies! Really hope to hear from some mummies from my area smile

Hi there, I don't often check in this area but I'll reply to you!

I'm Meagan, I have a 2 yr old DD Abbie, and 2 sons aged 7 and 8. I moved to Tas 12 months ago and we're down in Rosebery but I come up to Burnie all the time. Do you drive?? We could always meet up half way smile I found it really hard to make friends when we first moved over here but was lucky enough to stumble upon a lovely bunch of families down here through school and the mines. I'm not sure if there are many of us Huggs mums over this side, there are a couple in the Launnie area though so maybe they'll see your post too.

Meagan xx
Hehe, thanks for the reply Meagan! I unfortunately do not have a car (yet!) and am on foot patrol everywhere, otherwise I would have loved to have met up with you! It's always the way! I'm finding it really hard to meet people, and as you may have seen in my post to Jackie, single mothers are non-existant it seems! Just makes it a bit hard when I really have nothing in common with married mothers apart from our children, and even though I know thats the main thing, it would be nice if there was someone i could meet up with that was in my same situation.

Please keep in touch!

Hey, sorry I didn't reply right away, I'll tick the subscribe box now.

I was racking my brain trying to think of places you could meet some new mums. Do you play sport? Maybe you could join a netball or hockey team nearby. Or just join the gym and see who you meet in the creche smile Swimming lessons are good too, we did swimming at Health Glo in Burnie and I met some lovely mums there. It must be hard not driving, lucky the weather is a bit nicer up your way than down here lol. Though we have found since moving here that we still walk even if it's raining, if you decided not to go anywhere because it's wet you'd never go anywhere laugh
Does your DD go to day care at all? Maybe your CHN could point you towards another play group or mother's group nearby too. Where did you move from?? It took me a good while to feel happy here, and make new friends but as I said, we've been lucky and have met some lovely people. It helps having kids at school, you meet lots of mums that way, single and partnered.

Anyway, if you have FB you can PM me your details and I'll find you if you like smile

Meagan xx
Hey Megan smile

The only sport I do is go walking, and yeah, I walk in the rain too! The weather was really depressing me though, these last few days of warm sunny weather have really lifted my spirits! I don't have anyone to look after my girl, so a competitive sport is off the list!

I do plan on taking my girl to swimming lessons when it gets a bit warmer, I think there is a pool somewhere over my way (the other closest one is at Don, and I can't get there!).

I don't have my girl in daycare, I don't believe in it, the time with my girl is going by so quickly as it is, I don't want to miss a thing, and I don't really trust anyone but my mum & sister with my daughter anyway. Gotta admit though, I am blessed to be in the situation where I don't have to work so I can stay at home with my girl smile

There are quite a few play groups around, it's just a matter of being able to get there! The one I went to is just in town, so public transport is a breeze to get there.

Now that the weather is improving I'm getting out and about more, and it's lifting the mood a bit. I also have my furbaby with me finally, so she is helping the mood too! I'm from Queensland, been down here about 16mths or so.

Thanks for thinking about me Megan, it's nice to know that there is someone down here that cares enough to think of me smile I appreciate it a lot!

Tash

im in Port Sorell with 2 boys ages nearly 6 and nearly 3.

yes Megan it can be hard to make friends here.

my hubby from Qld we met in Vic and mved to Qld lived there for 7 yrs then mved here

im in Port Sorell with 2 boys ages nearly 6 and nearly 3.

yes Megan it can be hard to make friends here.

my hubby from Qld we met in Vic and mved to Qld lived there for 7 yrs then mved here
Hi Megan i have lived in devonport for yr. Moved from victoria. Have four kids aged 12,10,6 and 18 mths. Kids and i are finding it hard here without friends/family. have found it very hard making new friends. would love to move back home but dp doesnt want to. There is a playgroup run at the nixon st primary school on mondays and fridays between 1:15 and 2:45. best part is its free. If you could walk down there im sure your daughter would enjoy it.
Just wanted to say hi even though this is an old thread smile I live in Devonport, only just recently moved from Port Sorell nearly 6 months ago, I'm 29 and just had my first baby girl who is 3 and a half months old grin As I used to be a chef I found that I've lost contact with most of my friends by constantly saying that I had to work when I was invited places huh If any one has any ideas on where to meet some new people I'm open to suggestions grin
MyLittleJem I understand where your coming from! I also am a chef and understand the losing contact with friends.
I know a lot of schools offer a weekly play session which is good for older bubs and local libraries offer a monthly singing and reading group. If you give your child health clinic a call they might be able to put you in contact of a mothers group.
smile

MyLittleJem I understand where your coming from! I also am a chef and understand the losing contact with friends.
I know a lot of schools offer a weekly play session which is good for older bubs and local libraries offer a monthly singing and reading group. If you give your child health clinic a call they might be able to put you in contact of a mothers group.
smile

Thanks Ali_Cat, good to hear from a fellow chef who knows exactly what I'm talking about smile We're going to try the Library singing session next week as I got some info about it. I am actually going to a mother's group atm but it finishes tomorrow and I'm not sure it will continue without the "group" setting. See how we go though smile Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of a playgroup or anything like that either grin
Hi,
I am looking for other mums too in Devonport.
A bit about me- I am almost 30 and had my first child , a baby boy 2 months ago.
I don't know many people in Devonport as moved from the mainland 2 years ago but have drowned myself in work and haven't met many people down here.
I live in Devonport and have yet to explore play groups/ child care etc but would love to meet other mums like yourself.
This is my first post on the Huggies forum so hoping you'll get in touch

Dimity
Sign in to follow this topic