Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Young Mums... Lock Rss

Hey there,

My name is Jessica and i am 21 yrs old, Im almost 37 weeks pregnant, due on the 22nd of march and was hoping to find other young mums or mums to be to meet up with or just chat with in my area.

Im the first and only one out of my group of friends to be pregnant and have been made to feel really left out of the group. I guess i could be partly to blame its just getting drunk or partying every weekend doesn't appeal to me anymore.
I guess you can say i have some what grown up lol

So yeah if you can relate to this at all feel free to reply =D
Hi there Jess

Unfortuantely im am not in your area, but can agree with what your saying totally ! i was the first of my group of friends to settle down and become a mum 7 months ago and i have found that you surely do find out who your true mates are !!

Keep it up - im sure the ones who are worth it will stick around and you will find more through your anti natel coffee group? if your organises things like that ?
I'd be keen if I lived in NZ! laugh

Just wanted to say I'm in the same situation as you. I'm the only one in a rather big circle of friends who has a bub, and nobody understands how much work it is. I can't run out the door with fifteen minutes notice, or be out for six hours, or go to the pub...
I'm only 21 too.

And I missed out on any anti-nat groups because I didn't do classes.
My partner and I went to antenatal classes but we were by far the youngest couple.
So we couldn't really relate to the couples in our class as they werent the only ones in there social group to be preggers or have kids.

And thats so true about it showing who your true friends are and unfortunately for me i think partying for my so called friends is far more important then keeping me as a friend.
Hi Jess,

We are moving back to Pukekohe around the 14th April. I'm 21 in August and have a almost 2 year old and a 2 month old. We are the same, I have lost ALOT of friends because of the change in life style. Would love to meet up for a coffee sometime when we move over.

Marissa

Oooo i would love too

I dont drink coffee though haha still think it tastes yuck. But that sounds great.

Hi Jess,

We are moving back to Pukekohe around the 14th April. I'm 21 in August and have a almost 2 year old and a 2 month old. We are the same, I have lost ALOT of friends because of the change in life style. Would love to meet up for a coffee sometime when we move over.

Marissa
Sounds great, I was the opposite I hated coffee and coke but now love them haha.
I'll private message you my mobile number once I have brought a sim lol.

Hi there, I know this is a super late reply and im not sure if your still looking for someone to catchup with but I live in the Tuakau area and am in EXACTLY the same situation as you. I have a 14month old girl and pregnant with our second. Would love to catchup with some similiar aged people. Clea
Hey, yup im still a loner. LOl
My son Jakob is now 8 weeks old and although i love him more then anything it would be nice to talk to someone during the day that actually talks back to me.
When are you due with your 2nd one?

Hi there, I know this is a super late reply and im not sure if your still looking for someone to catchup with but I live in the Tuakau area and am in EXACTLY the same situation as you. I have a 14month old girl and pregnant with our second. Would love to catchup with some similiar aged people. Clea
heya im from pukekohe, not sure if youll consider me young though.. im 24 with a 4 month old smile
smile yup your young, i guess the age thing doesnt even really matter.

heya im from pukekohe, not sure if youll consider me young though.. im 24 with a 4 month old smile
Hey there,

I'm not exactly in the area - I'm I. East Auckland - but I don't mind travelling down there. I'm in a similar position although have now been a mum for a whole year! I'm Sarah and I'm turning 21 in a few weeks time and am the only one in my group of friends who has a young one, so just don't feel like I fit with the group anymore.

While they are wondering how they will pay for their next drink I'm thinking of where the money will come from when my daughter needs new clothes and how we will pay the mortgage and bills etc. I know they all are still friends but they just don't understand and were slowly drifting apart.

Would also like to say Jakob looks so gorgeous in thur photo!
Sign in to follow this topic