Huggies Forum

Best Of Auckland Rss

Hi there,

I am keen to hear from people all over Auckland about the best activities, walks, cafes (kid-friendly of course) and parks in their area.

Want to start getting out and about over summer and its always a treat to go somewhere new.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers
i am also an auckland mum to twin boys and havent yet quite gotten out for summer but my boys enjoyed the "parents and child" expo in greenlane. (N.B. its held annually and it is great for giveaways advice and samples. ) my twins also enjoy the school galas etc that are on at the moment for interaction and all the other kids and colourful environment.not much but hope it gives u ideas

Jay, Auckland, twin boys 30.6.04

Rocket Park in Mt Albert is great for all ages. The playground equipment is suitable for all ages - my daughter Maya was able to use the slide on her own from about 11 mths.
Also, in South Auckland there are several free swimming pools, you could look them up in the phone book, from memory there is one in Papatoetoe and one in Mangere.
Also, theres a website www.kidsauckland.com which has some ideas.
Also, we have an annual pass to the zoo, and I often just take Maya for an hour or two in the morning and see a few animals at a time. The annual pass is good value when you have little kids coz trying to do the whole zoo in one go is a bit much for them

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I live in Mission Bay and I take my 3 year old there to the park/beach all the time. He absolutely loves it. There are 3 wonderful beaches along the waterfront - Mission Bay Beach/Playground, Kohi Beach and St Heliers Beach/Playground. Come and check them out!
Hi Gang
I love Lollipops at the Ellerslie racecourse. You can pop bubs in the exersaucer(theirs) or on a playmat(byo) in their littlies area while you have a latte. I went with my coffee group first and now I go by myself too. It's free for under one's and not much for bigger bubs. You meet really nice people there, there are no parking hassles and top facilities for b'feeding and changing nappies.
I also spend a fair bit of time in Cornwall Park, it's so beautiful year round and there are lots of walks from lazy to full-on. I'm keen to meet anyone there for longer walks.
I'm 35, first time mum of 7m.o boy, easy going and love company. We tend to go at either 11a.m or 4p.m, come and get fit!
Emily
Onehunga
Sign in to follow this topic