Huggies Forum

Hi everyone out there! Rss

Hi Susan is my name (29 years young) and I live in kiwi land. I'm new to parent exchange and I would love to chat to any other members. Especially if you're going through the trials and tribulations of a 3 year old and 1 year old! being an at home mum can get a bit lonely sometimes, so get typing!

Susan,NZ,3 yr old,1yr old littlies

hi susan:) my name is lorraine, i have 4 boys, & 1 beautifil baby girl nearly 8mth, would luv to chat:) ....hope to tlk soon, lorraine.
Hi Lorraine and thanks for finding the time to write.
It must be a pretty busy household you live in! I've only just found my message, I thought I'd typed this in the new members column, but found it under the communities messages. I'm still pretty new to parent exchange!

I'll tell you a bit about myself. I'm married to a very tolerant husband! with two beautiful girls aged almost 3 years and 1 year. At the moment they keep me busy enough, but when they both have naps (it never happens) I take the opportunity to have a breather and I find myself on here! I don't know many other mums with children so it's nice to read about other similar stories on this forum.

So, if you can find the time to tell me about yourself in between looking after your wee one. That would be great.
Susan.

Susan,NZ,3 yr old,1yr old littlies

Hi there,

My name is Alison (Ali). I am 30. I am mum to Sean (27 months). Baby #2 is due in 5 weeks. I have just finished work 2 weeks ago, and am slowly adjusting to the life of a SAHM. I live in Auckland with my husband Kyle.

I hope to get to know you through the forum.

Ali

Hi Susan,
My name is Lara and I am a SAHM with 3 little boys.
Their ages are 4,2, and 1 so I know what you are going through!!
Please feel free to contact me
laramcsmith@hotmail.com
I also manage a NZ parenting group online, so please know that you are not alone! There are always lots of other mums out here that can chat with you
hey everyone im Tracy i have a 5mo lil boy. and i was wondering if any of you had any goss on wat he is about to do and things like that as it sounds like you have all gone thru this stage smile. i'm a stay at home ma too tho my partner is here with me quite alot of the time as he broke his leg wen i was 7mnths preg. i would love to chat if any of u have hotmail and are interested..weanus2003@hotmailcom. hope to talk soon....

Tracy, NZ Zachy and J

Hi Lara,
My name is Rhiannon and I have a 5 month old son, hes my first child and he is just a treasure!! I am looking forward to having others but am still a little weary as the birth was pretty long and traumatic!! not that birth is supposed to be fun. Everyone I have spoken with about this says it wont happen again like that but you can never tell...
Anyway in your email you said you manage a NZ parenting group I would be iterested in finding out about other peoples experiences with the birth as Im sure theres a lot worse things that can happen,
Thanks heaps and look forward to hearing from anyone soon. rhiannonkeenan@hotmail.com
Hi Rhiannon,
If your son is only 5 months old and you had a traumatic birth it is only natural that you would still be a bit weary about birth. My first birth (he is 4 now) was horrible, but my 2nd (he is now 2) wasn't so bad and 3rd (he is now 1) was different again.
There are a million different stories out there and no two are alike I reckon. Rather than be scared of doing it again....next time make sure that your midwife or doctor are totally aware of your thoughts and fears and then hopefully the same bad experience won't happen.
I will email you the address to the parenting group privately, it isn't my intention to use this forum to try and get people to join it smile
All the best, hope to hear from you soon.
Lara
Hello everyone! I'm Kelly and I am new to this whole exchange thingy, so hope I'm doing it right! I have a new (well relatively new) son Benjamin, who is now 7 weeks old. And Boy what an interesting 7 weeks its been! When I signed up for motherhood I had NO idea how challenging it would be- if it's not Ben, its the washing, and if its not the washing its... Can anyone relate to this? I love my little boy to bits, but to be honest he was an accident so I wasn't quite as prepared mentally for it as I think I would of been had it been a planned pregnancy. He has just started sleeping 6 hours at night, so I'm not sleep deprived anymore, and have days where I tell the housework to go to hell, so sometimes I have free time. I would like to spend this free time talking to other mums who have anything in common with me (and even if you don't!). Thanks for reading about me. Hoo Roo

kellz, NZ, 3 month old baby boy

Hi Kelly,
I'm emma and I'm SAHM to Maya who will be 1 this weekend. Like you, Maya was nt exactly planned so it was a bit of a shock to the system as I was half way thru my degree. It was a litle easier coz I have 3 stepchildren so the whole idea of kids wasn't a shock, just the idea of a newborn (the others are 11, 14 and 18).
I finished my degree in November (yay!) and am starting to enjoy being an at home mum (Maya was in daycare while I studied last year.
It does get easier, especially as bubs sleeps longer and longer, but I still tell the housework to go to hell sometimes!
My email address mayasmummy@hotmail.com if you want to chat

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi Emma -cheers for the reply! CONGRATULATIONS on your degree, I don't know how you did it, my mind resembles scrambled eggs since I became a mum! Just when we had him into a sleeping routine he decides to buck the system and this past week has been miserable! How old was Maya when she started sleeping for 8 hours or more? I've gotta go now- just got spewed on BIG TIME and the plunket lady is due any minute. Just what I needed- more washing!!!!

kellz, NZ, 3 month old baby boy

Maya slept thru 8 hours a night from 7 weeks old (I know I'm lucky, but I reckon it's payback for my horrible horrible pregnancy!).
She has had a few rough patches tho, at about 6 mths and then again at 12 mths, where she kept waking up and trying to tell me that she was hungry.
Hope it went well with the PLunket. We are going at the end of the month.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Sign in to follow this topic