Huggies Forum

dairy farming parents Lock Rss

Hey there
Was just wondering if there are any other dairy farming parents out there. i live in Tauranga, just moved here begining of july. Would be great to talk to other mum's
Jaimee-lee
Hi Jaimee-lee, I live on a dairy farm, my partner is looking after two large scale dairy farms west of Wellsford. How old is/are your child/ren? I have a little boy who is one next week. His name is Liam. I have just taken over calf rearing duties, I was doing the outside calves after one calf rearer left and then over the weekend the second calf rearer left after an argument with her partner leaving me with calves calves everywhere! Luckily Liam loves the calves and doesn't mind his back pack! How big is the dairy farm you on? Do you work on it? How do you find it with children? Look forward to hearing from you
Sarah

Liams Mum,NZ,14mth boy

Hey i'm also a new farming mum smile me and my partner & our 2 kids moved 2 Walton near Matamata in june... & i would love to met & chat with others as , i no one here smile

mumof2,nz

Hi there I am Melanie and I am from the Waikato. I am a first time mum to a 1 month old baby boy Jack. I would like to know if we can be friends and
chat on msn messenger. My MSN Messenger address is melstace@xtra.co.nz
I got your name off the huggies website.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Melanie
yahh finally, i dont mean to sound dramatic but i was starting to think that i was the only dairy farming mum that had time be on here hehe yahh, i absolutely love the farming lifestyle, we have been together happily for almost 9yrs we have a 5yr old girl at school and a 3 yr old at kindy for 3 days a week,in the process of planning our wedding and 3rd baby but we are trying to make it al fall in with the farm calving season etc
partner has 2 days off a week hes soon to be promoted to herd manager ,we are on the hugest farm in the BOP so im told, its 2tribes land put together which is right acrooss from lake rotorua which would be fine if it wasnt so polluted,
i have been looking for calf rearing courses to do and found 1 its all over the net assignments,tutor etc,which doesnt make sense to me since its mostly half practical as well?? we want to be sharemilking in the next 2-3years as i really enjoy the calf rearing aspect of things
thanks to who made this forum, it be great to chat to all you farmers wifes
smile

Hey i'm also a new farming mum smile me and my partner & our 2 kids moved 2 Walton near Matamata in june... & i would love to met & chat with others as , i no one here smile

walton?? what brought yous there, hows the house going and new bosses??

Hey there
Was just wondering if there are any other dairy farming parents out there. i live in Tauranga, just moved here begining of july. Would be great to talk to other mum's
Jaimee-lee

wow almost 3 months then?where did u move from?, are you enjoying dairy farming??we live in rotorua been here 4 almost a year , started here last christmas as the last manager was selling stock to pocket the profits, only reason he didnt go to court/jail was that some of the trustees were in on it,and another guy got fired for helping ,we feel its a privlidge to be on this farm as it has reignited my partners passion for farming until recently that is as new manager takes his issues to work,so managers causing havoc at work so we hope his contract isnt renewed next season, so if any1 out there with managing experience could u please save us hahaa if only wink

Hi Jaimee-lee, I live on a dairy farm, my partner is looking after two large scale dairy farms west of Wellsford. How old is/are your child/ren? I have a little boy who is one next week. His name is Liam. I have just taken over calf rearing duties, I was doing the outside calves after one calf rearer left and then over the weekend the second calf rearer left after an argument with her partner leaving me with calves calves everywhere! Luckily Liam loves the calves and doesn't mind his back pack! How big is the dairy farm you on? Do you work on it? How do you find it with children? Look forward to hearing from you
Sarah

hi sarah do u have any advice for me on how and where to start with calf rearing training,experience? if i lived closer i would definately give you a hand for free as i would value the opportunity to learn smile
i have just seen the date of when this thread was made like gee huggies!!
Sign in to follow this topic