Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

What is an older Mum? Lock Rss

My Mum was 34 when she had me, one 11y before and with two more(2 & 3y) after. I was 35 when my last were born, and I have noticed the difference in what my parents can do with the littlies compared to my older kids. I don't know what I would have done without my parents. I just hope my kids don't wait too long (not too soon either). And definitely hope my older kids have teens when my youngest needs a sitter for theirs. My Mum will happily mind mine but has been told to suggest I use my older sisters kids when it's too much for her. Good news is I should be in better health for longer because of todays lifestyle.
I want to be able to play on the floor with my grandkids!

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

I didn't put the right header on this. It should have read as "Grateful for Grandparents".

This was not a statement of the bleeding obvious problem of being an older mum.

I didn't have Grans the way my kids do. They actually have all four. I was thinking what my life will be like when I'm Mum's age and suddenly felt like I needed to apologise for all the rotten ungrateful etc things that offspring do.

I hope that when my time comes I'm even half as good as her. No matter what she is to the littlies she is still MY Mum.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic