Huggies Forum

Young Mums Lock Rss

Hi Johanne,

Your labour sounds nearly exactly like mine.

I went into labour on the Wednesday night at midnight and had my little girl Thursday afternoon at 1:26pm.

I was put on a syntocinon drip and an internal monitor placed on my baby's head at 10am (despite my refusals) because my labour wasn't progressing enough (i had dialated 6cm by 10am and they thought it was amazing considering my waters [fore waters] had not broken and my contraction were weak). I have to say the drip produced very strong contractions but i made it through. My daughter also had the cord around her neck at birth which worried me, but she is fine.

My fiance and mum were with me all the way, i couldn't have done it without them! I made them both cry the poor dears. My finace and i plan to get married in 2 years and we can then have an adorable little flower girl, then we plan to make a honeymoon bub.

I have the perfect little family and i am so proud.

Good luck with you and your family.
That is so true i would never give up my baby girl. it is really hard being a single mum but its all worth it.

Carla, QLD, 2 yr girl

Hi there i too am a young mum, i am 24 yrs old and 23 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby who is going to be a lil boy. I had my 1st when i was 16, his name is Nathan and my 2nd at 19 who is a girl named Taylah. I am looking forward to the birth as i had a pretty starighforward labour with my daughter. but who's to say that this one won't be completly different.
Keep your chin's up to all of the women out there who's partners have left, or abandoned them. you'll make it through with or without them. Women make GOOD mothers AND fathers, just remember that!.
My partner lives in America so it's practically like he isn't around anyway, although he is due to arrive here for the birth of our son in March. I'd love to hear from other women out there who are going through the same or similar thing my email is [email protected] i look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hi Emily, My name is Zoe, I have just turned 20 recently and have a beautiful 6 month old son. I, like many young mums don't know where to turn for help and don't find too much time to go out and enjoy myself and to meet new friends. I just thaught as we both live in brissie we could keep intouch. I'm going mad not talking to anyone but family. My friends are up in Townsville and even when I do go see them, they don't understand what it's like.
So how was your pregnancy. My wasn't too crash hot but I did love being pregnant. Anywayz keep intouch. my email is [email protected] or [email protected]
Melanie, my name is Zoe and I am also 20 but with a 6 month old son, I live in Brissie and willing to meet other young mums
I'm 20 and expecting my first child in the next 2 weeks! i can't wait! Although i am 20, i look young for my age and have had people comment on the fact that i should not be having a child at this age! (People think i look 16 - 18) I can't believe the nerve of some people, who think they can judge people based on their ages. I don't think that being young has anything to do with how you raise your child! Has anyone else recieved comments etc?

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

I would really like to meet other young mums out there, please e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss anything!!!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

hi TaniaH. I am also 22 but I am 32weeks pregnant. I can't wait til my baby is born I am getting very uncomfortable. I am expecting a girl and we are going to name her Mikaela.

due 30/01/04

Hi Emma_T. I am just as nervous as you are I am also due in January. I have been with my partner for nearly 3 years and we are both 22 years. I fear he will leave to as he isn't really showing much interest in everything at the moment. We will have to wait and see. I would love to chat with you as we are so close with our due dates we can be scared together.

due 30/01/04

Hi mum2one04 you didn't leave your name so thats what I'll have to call you tongue Well today I am 34 weeks and it's my last day of work!! If you wanna chat e-mail me on [email protected]

Thanks
Emma

Hi all.

My name is Susan, I live in Caboolture QLD. I have a partner (Mark) of 5 years, a son Zachary who is 3 years and 5 months and a Daughter Jaymie who is 18 months.

My son was born in 6 hours, with gas on all fours on the floor of the birthing suit. My daughter was born in 4 hours, with gas on all fours on the floor of the bathroom of the birthing suite.

I returned to finish school (year 11 & 12) when I fell pregnant with my son end of year 11. I had great support from teachers and principal of the school.

I was pregnant with my daughter when I was accepted into TAFE to do my Cert 3 in Aged Care, the course ended 3 days before she was born.

Just wanted to tell you a bit about myself.

Email- [email protected]
msn Messenger- [email protected]

Want to talk or share experiences... anything
Want to have a bitch, moan or groan is fine too. Email or messenger is fine.

Hope to talk soon- good luck to all you to be mums, new ones and 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatevers...good luck to you all.

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

Hi everyone,
I was just reading the post from all the single mums. I am sorry to all of whose partners have left you. But you dont need them. My girlfriend and I Just had a beautiful baby girl zoe... She is the most amazing thing in the world to me, and I couldnt ever imagine leaving her. So to all you single mums out there, I think you are all fantastic job... It is hard at times withh two of us so i cnat even beign to imagine what you are ging through. We live in sydney and would love to meet mums and couples from around here.....
email is [email protected]
timmy
Sign in to follow this topic