Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Personal Messages
  5. Is there any older mums out there?

Is there any older mums out there? Rss

I had my little boy at the age of 33 which was a blessing because my husband and I had been trying for years to have a baby. I don't really know any other mums around my age with babies or toddlers who I can talk to. My mum died when I was 15 and there have been so many times I wish she was here just to talk to. So I would love to here from any older mums out there or just someone for a chat! Thanks

Lyn, NSW, 2yr boy

Hi Lyn,
MY names Lynette, I am almost 30 and have a 14 month old son. Like you my husband and myself had been trying for a baby for 8 years. During that time we lost 3 little angels. I'm grateful we now have a happy and healthy son. And are currently trying for number 2.
Where abouts are you from? Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers,
Hi Lynette, it's so nice to hear from someone who can understand what it's like. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but you have a happy little boy now which is wonderful. I do hope you and your husband are blessed with baby no. 2! I'm originally from Revesby but now live in the Macquarie Fields area. We are trying for our second baby too as I would love to give Ryan a little sister or brother. I'm actually trying to toilet train Ryan which is not as easy as I thought but we will get there! something you can look forward to! I love being a mum which I thought I never would experience but miracles do happen!

Hope to hear from you soon.

See ya

Lyn, NSW, 2yr boy

Hi My names Tracey. I've justed turned 35 and have a 4mth old bubba. I also have a 12yr old. So its been like starting all over again. I was starting to think i was the only older mum on this site when I saw your post. So I thought I'd say HI!.

Love & light Tracey

Mumma of Amber-jo and Mahayla

Hi Tracey, it's great to see that we are not alone! It would feel like you are starting all over again with your little bubba but I'm sure your 12 yr old would be a great help too. My little boy is 2 and half yrs old and I'm on the go constantly and I have no idea where he get his energy from but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Thanks for your reply - hope to hear from you soon

See ya!

Lyn, NSW, 2yr boy

Hi Lyn07,

I'm a 31 year old mum of a 5month old boy Luke.

I'm from Girraween... My hubby and I were lucky we didn't try to fall pregnant for long at all, just 3 months). We were blessed with twins but Rhiarna was born sleeping and is now in heaven, but I have a wonderful little rascal who keeps me on my toes.

You mentioned that you lost your mum, so did I when I was 22. There is a post in General topics called "New mum who doesnt' have mum of her own". The mums there are wonderful and full of support so drop by and chat there too sometimes.

Take care.
Hi Luke's mum, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but you have wonderful little Luke who I'm sure does keep you on your toes!

I will definately have a look at the topic you mentioned - thanks for that!

See ya

Lyn, NSW, 2yr boy

Gosh, now I feel really old. This is my first time on this website. I'm a 37 year old first-time mum to Nathan, who is 13 months. I don't have much experience of any kids as I don't have much family and friends don't seem to have kids either. I'm stumbling blind but but must be doin' OK as Nathan's a happy little boy. Fluke!!

Chez, Sydney

Hi,
I am 34 and have my little boy Brayden who is nearly 6 months... My family all live overseas (though they say it is me who lives overseas). I think being an older Mum definately has its advantages, more patience being one of them. Though I think I seem to worry more and over think things that maybe a 20 year old wouldnt!!! Everyone sounds like they really love being a Mum and are doing really well. I think its the best thing that ever happened to me for sure! Where does everybody live?

Suz, NSW

hi my name is virpi said viripi i am a 39 yr old sahm, living at windsor

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

HI Leanne & Liath!

I am also an "older mum" with Jared at 2 1/2 years and expecting my second child in early march (3 months before I turn 43! )

I have always wanted children but never thought it would be this late in life. It's nice to know there are other older mums out there that I can talk to who are going through the same things as me.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best Wishes,

Tracey
Hi Everyone,

I've been so busy with christmas shopping and everything else (I'm sure you all can relate to this!!) but I think I'm organised now. Ryan was such a brave little man and actually sat on Santa's lap this year and got his photo taken - last year it just wouldn't happen! so I'm very proud of him.

Hopefully 2005 will bring another little miracle to my family as Ryan would love to have a little brother or sister to boss around!

I wish everyone a very merry christmas & a happy and safe new year!!

Best wishes

Lyn, NSW, 2yr boy

Sign in to follow this topic