1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Personal Messages
  5. Looking for mums who are studying

Looking for mums who are studying Lock Rss

Hi just wondering if their are any other mums out there studying at the moment

Melissa,Bathurst,3yr old and 1yr old

Hi, I am studying at the moment....it takes it toll when assignments are due but its going to get me somewhere. I am doing the course externally through Southern cross uni. I am studying a bachelor of social science.
Oh and I have one son Jai who is 15 months and am pregnant with bub 2....currently 24 weeks!

If you wanna chat my msn addy is tarrant83@optusnet.com.au

Take care
Em

Mum to Jai and Chase!

Hi,

i have a 7 month old and am studying through OTEN i will also be starting work on monday, will be working 4 weejs 7 days ful time (12 hour shifts) for training and then after hat 3 days a week. i find it can be very hard studying especially when bubba wants all of my attention. have been a bit lazy with studying lately, must do some tomorow !!

aimee

Aimee, 4 year old princess

hi Em
I would love to chat on msn my address is ashan@aapt.net.au I am currently at CSU Bathurst doing full time Early Childhood degree. I had my second child (now 14mths) in the middle of first semester last year. I also have a son who is 4 at the end of June.
Hear from you soon
Mel

Hi aimee,
I also am lazy and tend to leave my assignments til the last day. What is OTEN???

hi,

OTEN is open training education network, its TAFE but they said you your assignments and study notes and then you send your finished assignments back to them.
aimee

Oh ok I wish I could do my course by correspondence but they dont offer it

OTEN only offers some courses, its TAFE accredited and theres heaps of support fromthe teachers there etc. this is the 2nd course ive done thru there. it is a bit expensive and the price varies for certificates and diplomas, but centrelink will give you austudy or the pensioner education supplement as long as you complete the certificate within their time frame

aimee

Hi everyone!
I am currently studying my cert III in children's services (childcare), it just sounds better the other way!
I do it by correspondence through Thomson Education Direct, & I find them terrific! They send you everything you need, & also send you back your assignments after they've been graded.
I started two years ago when my 2nd child was almost 2, as I thought it would be great to go to work & take her with me. When we found out we were pregnant again, everything kind of went on hold as I had a really bad time. As it is, I've only been out of PND for about 2mths
But, they were really supportive & told me there was an extension there if I need it, but so far so good!
I now work at a childcare centre 3 days a week as an assistant, & I'm about halfway through my modules. When I fnish this course, I want to do my Diploma, & if I can do it through them again, I definately will!

Sam, mum to 3 girls,brisbane

Hey i am 23 and studding Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Education - Primary part time at Griffith. I just started it this yr however i finished my senor english last yr externally.
My partner is also studding multimedia at griffith but at a different campus.
Eloiseis is now 2 1/2 and is extremely active so it can sometimes make it hard to studdy. Well thats when i have the disiplin. I am usually doing the assignments at the last minute as well. lol
chat soon

Andrea, Gold Coast.2 yr old daughter Eloise

hi all.

its really good to see mothres and fathers continuing to work or study after having children !! a lot of people criticised me and told me i didnt deserve to have a child since i was going to put her into child care 3 days a week whilst working and told me that i was an unfit mother. i would love to stay at home with her until she maybe is one year old but children can be expensive (nappies formula wipes etc etc etc).

aimee

Hi guys, I have actually had the opposite response when I tell people I am studying fulltime with two kids. Most people congratulate me. How are you supposed to give your children a better life if you aren't able to study and further yourself. I have found my lecturers to be really helpful too. I am studying a bachelor of education (early childhood) at CSU bathurst. I am the sort of person who leaves assessments to the last minute anyway but I must admit my kids are pretty good as they will amuse themselves most of the time and let me work. I suppose they have each other to play with too. They do go to daycare 3 times a week though.
mel

Sign in to follow this topic