The birthday cake becomes the focal point of a party with everyone gathered around to sing Happy Birthday to the birthday girl or boy. Here are a few ideas for different cakes that you can make.
Butter Cake Recipe
This butter cake recipe is very versatile and can be used to make any number of combinations for a party.
These quantities make one standard cake.
- 125grams of softened butter
- 2/3 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and Vanilla Essence (Beat until well mixed)
- Add small amounts of flour and milk until well mixed in together.
- Place into a lined and greased tin and cook for 45mins in an oven pre-heated to 180C.
- Test with a skewer to ensure that it is cooked.
- Chocolate cake
To turn this recipe into a chocolate cake add 2tbs of cocoa and 2tbs of milk to the mixture and beat through.
- Marble Cake
Separate mixture into 3 equal parts in different bowls.
Add a couple of drops of pink food colouring to one part.
Add 1tbs of cocoa and 1tbs of milk to one part.
Now spoon the different mixtures into the tin, one spoonful at a time, so that the colours alternate. To finish off the effect use a knife or skewer and swirl the colours together.
- Patty Cakes
Fill patty cases to about
Last Published* December, 2022
*Please note that the published date may not be the same as the date that the content was created and that information above may have changed since.