Toddler bath time
Bathing your toddler can become an experience in itself. Your toddler can now sit up unaided in the bath and play independently. You may have a hard time getting them into the bath and then an even harder job getting them out. Bath time can be a wonderful time of the day for everyone involved and may be a highlight for some toddlers who enjoy water play, they may not even notice they are being given a wash at the same time. We’ve provided you with a few tips for your toddlers bathtime.
Toddler bath tips:
- Give a few minutes warning before bath time so that your toddler will be ready to move from their current activity.
- Even though your toddler is adept at sitting up they should not be left unattended while in the bath.
- It’s also a good idea to implement the “no standing in the bath” rule from a very early age.
- Allow some independence and encourage them to start washing themselves. Some disposable washcloth products can also be handy for this as some have baby wash already in the cloth and provide a gentle, tear free clean.
- Bath toys are great fun for a toddler. Try to rotate them to keep them interesting.
- A pair of goggles in the bath can be their first introduction to swimming with their face in the water. They are great for practicing bubble blowing.
- Give a warning a few minutes before bath time ends to avoid protests.
Last Published* November, 2021
*Please note that the published date may not be the same as the date that the content was created and that information above may have changed since.