Huggies Forum: Parent Tips
All parents are going through the same thing in one way or another. Here are a few tips from grass roots; other mums and dads.
- Try to remain positive and calm
- Yelling back at a toddler doesn’t help
- All kids go through it, so remember that you are not alone.
- Tantrums don’t just start with the “terrible two’s”, they can start anytime after 1 year.
- Prepare for a day out or a trip to the shops by taking snacks or a few toys to use as a distraction.
- Don’t plan activities for when your child is normally tired or hungry; it’s a recipe for disaster.
- If the crying is getting to you and you’re starting to feel tense, take a big breath and walk away for just a few minutes and clear your mind.
- Babies some times cry for no reason and there’s nothing that you can do to calm them down; just try to stay calm yourself and remember that you’re a great mum or dad.
- Use a diversion as quickly as possible when you see a tantrum coming on.
- Babies and toddlers cry; even when you’re out in public. Don’t stress and definitely don’t change your method of dealing with tantrums just to keep the peace.
Share your experiences with other mums and dads on the Huggies Forum
Last Published* November, 2021
*Please note that the published date may not be the same as the date that the content was created and that information above may have changed since.