Tips from Parents
Other mums and dads can be a great source of information when it comes to taking care of your sick babies and toddlers. Here are a few of their ideas:
- Use a syringe to give medicine to babies.
- When giving eye drops allow the baby to keep their eyes closed while placing the drops on the corner of the eye and then they will fall in as they open them.
- When testing for fever without a thermometer, use the lip test. Touch your lips to the forehead of the baby.
- The tummy area is a good touch test for fever.
- Never give asprin to children under 12 years.
- Never give lemonade or juice while your child is suffering from Gastro- always give electrolyte solution, extra water or breastfeeds.
Share your tips with other mums and dads on the Huggies Forum.
For more information see Parenting advice or Parenting .